Sunday, June 5, 2011

getting the funk out


As you may be able to tell, I haven't been posting often lately. This is a direct reflection of my productivity. I've been in a spiral of excuses and mind numbing t.v. crime dramas. This is pretty normal for me. I have spurts of prolific creative expulsion. And I have spurts of reclusive fermentation. It became clear to me that I absolutely had to reconnect with the former.

It may seem like I've been dragging my feet on my Marie series, but that isn't the case.  The paintings in the portrait series that I have presented in this blog prior have all been created out of a place of clarity and excitement. After a couple of weeks of slopping around in mental murk and lethargy I have spent the last couple of days with my friends and rebooted.

No comments:

Post a Comment