Tuesday, March 1, 2011

pour faire

I promised myself that I would post something at least once a week. I'm not in habit of spending time on my computer when I'm home, so I'm a day late with that. I don't have anything to post as far as current work. I should soon though. My dear Cozette came over on Sunday and we watched Two in the Wave. 

 I've been away from the French New Wave mind set for quite sometime and I'm glad it was reignited.  I was very inspired by Goddard and Truffaut a decade ago. One August day many years ago Cozette and I shot a couple rolls of 16mm with a Bolex she had and didn't know if worked. We named it Jean-Luc (the camera). It's made me think about things that so sharply influenced me in the past and wonder how that influence remains. I really need to work with video/film again. After watching this documentary, I'm aching for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment