Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Adrienne (hands)

I'm so glad I took a few hours to paint tonight. I feel regenerated and connected.

Since this blog is about the process I took pictures of the painting as I went along; the first picture was taken and hour into the process...
7pm
8pm
9pm (fin)
 When I started on the hands I started to panic. It was at this time I decided there would be no eyes at all; in hopes I could just focus on those hands. When Adrienne saw the photograph she really liked how her hands looked. This is my interpretation. The most interesting thing happened though....  even though I was looking at a photograph of HER hands, as I write this and look at the photograph above I realize,  the index and pinky finger look like mine. The other two are hers. Her hands are not that masculine... whoa... those are my hands! How did that happen. Awesome. I love it!

By the way, Age, you have an amazing nose. That's going to be my next focus, Adrienne's nose. She has beautiful nostrils that I have not been able to translate to canvas with my technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment