Saturday, February 5, 2011

Intent


My intention for assembling this blog is to satisfy an intricate part of my creative process. It wasn't until recently that I put thought into what my process actually is; before I had always just let it be. I don't know what changed. I've been doing a lot of letting go in my life. Like most, I am a creature of habit and tradition. When I turned thirty I seemed to subconsciously break ground to harvest growth beyond penchant and convention.

I've concluded that my process is the following; vague conception, mulling, vivid conception, deliberation, metamorphosis, cogitate, sketch it out, evolution, contemplation, and then... I talk it out. I don't seem to ever execute without talking it all out first. I call this my "bounce". It's when I bounce my thoughts off other people, whether they have any criticism or affirmations or not, everything becomes clear and the physical act within my creative process begins. I am one who puts more time into thinking about the project than physically executing. I find that when I do get to the act of creation I am very prolific. It's getting to that point. That is where this blog comes into play; it shall be my "bounce". It will be my act of seeking the ego so that my id may come to fruition.


No comments:

Post a Comment