Saturday, February 5, 2011

Demurely Immure

We've experienced much inclement weather in the recent month. It's beautiful. There is something magical about the earth changing color. Sometimes it takes a certain mindfulness to see beyond the dirty snowbanks on road's edge to see that elegance, but it's there. Unfortunately I'm having an adverse reaction to this magnificent weather this year due to responsibilities, which I find a growing factor as I grow older. There appears to be a silent war for parking in my building's parking area. Everyday a battle.  For some reason, my opponents lack either motivation or common sense. Rather than shoveling a spot for themselves, they steal from those who have. I use such a severe word "steal" because of the feeling it gives me when another vehicle occupies my space. Violated. I recognize how petty this is. I recognize how charmed my life is when such a trivial thing can cause such offense. But all in all; it's the principle of the thing that upsets me. If I had a copy of The Art of War on hand, I would thumb through it for ideas. Alas, I am at the mercy of my own wit. I have decided to put on my boots and shovel out the whole of the parking area in hopes of three things; create space in order to keep my adversaries out of mine, enjoy a hopefully cathartic replacement and organization of the snow, and get my heart pumping in a way I typically deny myself in the winter's cold. And perhaps I'll be struck with creative motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment