Sunday, June 10, 2012

at roll's end

Came to the end of my roll of canvas this morning. To be honest, it made me a little sad. It's been a great roll. It stretched for eighteen paintings.

I'm on a bit of a painting frenzy it seems. I still haven't adjusted the painting I spoke of in the previous post, which currently looks like this...
I seem to have aged us 20 years.

I have two processes, there is the one that takes me a while to find the final brush stroke, like the one above. Then there are the ones that I whip out in about two hours. Those are the therapeutic ones. Here is one I did this week....
This particular one is the final of three self portraits I did over a span of  6 months. Put together a little story unfolds for me. I can see that I was on a journey I didn't realize. A triptych if you will....
frustrated

pensive

diving/jumping into




No comments:

Post a Comment