Monday, April 4, 2011

Cozette (second take)

I think this one will have a soft spot in my heart for a very long time. I started it yesterday. I had to walk away in the late afternoon to attend a screening of Cozette and Julian's film Borderland. (Great job guys!) I knew I wasn't happy with it when I walked away. When I got home I got rid of the eyes, brought the cheeks in and adjusted the mouth. It still wasn't right. This is what it looked like at that point....
 The nose is almost hooked, and there was something else that felt.... wrong. So before going to sleep I got rid of the eyes, again.

I looked at it with fresh eyes when I woke up this morning. I took a china marker to the nose and left for work.

I went directly to it when I got home this evening. I lifted her left eye and brow. My third attempt at her eyes were even bigger than the first two; but the feeling in my belly was calm. I decided I couldn't make anymore adjustments because the paint was starting to get thick in concentrated areas and I felt it was affecting my style, so here is the final product... 
 At first I felt like it was a little too disproportionate to her actual facial dimensions, but then I saw her (in real life) and I got it. I totally get how this interpretation evolved. I'm not ready to put it into words, but the realization was fantastic and will resonate with me for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment